.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


18 October 2012

Sushi: Philadelphia Roll



Happy- it is almost Friday :) Today was one of those few and far between days- where I got to spend my morning with Ninja, go to school for only a few hours and come back home! And since I came back home- I decided to make some sushi! I've been craving it-- actually I pretty much crave it constantly ;) So i made some sushi and had a great phone date with a friend. Ahhh....what I would not give to have more of these relaxing days!

I really want to enhance my sushi skills- so I can stop going to sushi restaurants as mush as I do. I've only made some basics, but I think in the future I would like to try to make a shrimp tempura roll and then maybe some more complicated rolls- like a dragon roll or a hurricane roll....mmmmm...::drool:: ;) Who knew, I would get so much use out of my Sushi Magic kit- awesome birthday present! And I would also like to make some shrimp and vegetable tempura. So stay tuned- becuase it will happen! Maybe I can do a sushi making night when my sister comes to visit (hopefully--that'll be one day soon).






PHILADELPHIA ROLL
For the Love of Dessert Recipe

INGREDIENTS

FOR THE RICE
2 c. uncooked sushi rice
3 c. of water
1/2 c. of rice vinegar
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt

FILLING
Nori Sheets
1 cucumber, cut into thin 5 inch strips
Smoked salmon cut into strips
Cream Cheese cut into strips (cut block lengthwise)
Sesame seeds for garnish
DIRECTIONS

Using a rice cooker, cook the rice with the specified amount of water. Once cooked, do not open the rice cooker right away, allow it to sit for 5 minutes. Then open the rice cooker and let rice cool completely (set aside). On the stovetop- combine rice vinegar, olive oil, sugar and salt- until completely dissolve, allow to cool completely. Once cooled, mix in with rice. Cut cucumber, salmon and cream cheese into strips.

To assemble to the sushi, place the nori sheet on bamboo mat, wet your fingers and push down rice evenly over the nori (the water will prevent the rice from sticking). Place the smoked salmon in the center, making a 1/2 inch strip (no thicker as the sushi will not close). On the end closest to you, place the cucumber strip- placing the cucumber here, will prevent the salmon from shifting. Then on the other side of the smoked salmon strip, place the cream cheese. Roll sushi closed. The garnish with sesame seeds. To cut into pieces, wet the knife (for the same reasons you want to wet your fingers)- this will allow the knife to cut through nicely.

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink