.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


14 October 2012

Pepper Jack Grilled Cheese Sandwich



Yes..you are correct- I have not posted in a week! Why? Oh my goodness- this week was horribly busy- I got maybe 3 hours of sleep a night. I was constantly working. It was gosh awful! Thankfully- some of the things I had been working on are now done and I spent all of Saturday sleeping! I had soo much sleep to catch up on and it felt so so so good! Today I woke up knowing that I was going to spend a good chunk of it doing what I enjoyed- some baking and some cooking :)

In all my cooking- I realized, with some help, that I had never made a grilled cheese sandwich. Actually I do not think I have ever eaten a grilled cheese sandwich- not really a traditional Sri Lankan food my mom ever made. But I thought- how odd! I attempt to make all these different things, and yet I have never made a grilled cheese sandwich. Well I brought it up to one of my professors and he helped me learn how to make a good grilled cheese sandwich and that I could make it with pepper jack cheese. I love pepper jack cheese :) So in my Sunday Funday of Cooking ;)...I though I could whip up a quick, never-tried lunch for the hubby of grilled cheese.

He actually really liked it! And so did I. Hmmm..who woulda thunk...one, that I had never attempted a grilled cheese-- two, that it would be so yummy-- and three, that I would actually post about it on a blog. But I figure- maybe someone else had never made a grilled cheese and wants to know how or maybe they want to know if you can make a grilled pepper-jack cheese sandwich.




PEPPER JACK GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
A For the Love of Dessert Recipe

INGREDIENTS

Sour Dough Bread
Butter
Pepper Jack Cheese Slices
Tomato Soup 

DIRECTIONS

Take two slices of sour dough bread. Spread a thick layer of butter on one side on each slice of bread. The sides with the butter will be the outside of the grilled cheese. On the inside, place three slices of pepper jack cheese. On the stove top, heat a skillet on medium heat. Place grilled cheese and cook 1-2 minutes on each side- until cheese melts. Make sure not to over cook- because the bread will burn easily. Eat with some tomato soup (I hear its a good pairing).

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink