.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


15 October 2012

BBQ Chicken Pizza



Happy Monday! And so marks the beginning of another busy week. But I woke up in such a wonderful mood. Just knowing that some major projects are off my plate, feels so good! And I got about 7 hours of sleep last night. I just felt wonderful. Though I do have to say- I am not sure what Ninja has been doing lately- but I think he either pulled another muscle (this time on the opposite leg) or we need to take him to the vet for further investigation. Regardless, Im pretty sure we will be making a vet run. Ninja is not going to be happy- but seeing my poor baby hobble is just not an option.

I did not have the time to post Sunday dinner. Well the hubby got to enjoy some BBQ Chicken, Veggie filled pizza. The hubby and I love, love, love vegetables (minus your core hated: lima beans). So I packed this pizza with some yummy seasonal veggies. It was a pretty big pizza for two- so the exciting news is that there are left-overs and we all know how I love leftovers. A cooking free day for me- when I have those long days. I was pretty proud of this pizza since I made the dough from scratch too! My first all homemade dough (small victories...)

I realized that I have cooking time of Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I made those my "cook days" where I would cook for that day until the next day I had time to cook (ie. On sunday I cooked sunday dinner and monday dinner) so that way I knew the hubby and I would have homemade dinner each night, without having to go out-- we are not big fans of eating out. And for those times when left overs pile up- I will have a free cookign day :)











BBQ CHICKEN PIZZA
Adapted from Budget Bytes and CDKitchen

INGREDIENTS

Preheat Oven to 425F Degrees

FOR THE CRUST
1 1/3 c. warm water
1/4 c. non-fat dry milk
1/2 tsp. salt
1 (4oz) package of yeast
2 tbsp. olive oil
3-4 c. flour

FOR PIZZA
2 chicken breasts (cooked, diced)
1/2 bottle of BBQ sauce
1/2 red onion sliced
1 bunch of green onions
Tri-colored peppers (I pre-grill/bake these in the oven with onions)
1 1/2 c. shredded cheese

DIRECTIONS


For the Crust:
In a small bowl combine warm water, dry milk, salt, and yeast. Whisk together and let sit for 3-5 minutes (until it begins to bubble at the top), then add in oil and allow to sit for another minute. Then in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with dough hook- mix into 3 c. of flour.  Slowly add in the last c. until the dough comes together. If it is too dry add more warm water or if too wet add more flour. Place in large bowl coated with cooking spray and cover. Allow to sit for 1-2 hours. When dough has risen, "punch" dough to deflate. Cut dough in half, wrap one of the halves in saran wrap, and freeze for future use. Grease pizza pan.  Roll remaining dough (the half not frozen) onto a 12 inch pizza pan. Poke holes in crust with fork and brush dough with olive oil. Bake for 5-10 minute until begins to bubble slightly on top. Remove from oven.

To assemble Pizza:
Take diced chicken and shred slightly. Mix with 1/4 c. of BBQ sauce, set aside. Use remainder of sauce to spread on top of crust. Spread sauce over the surface of the dough with the back of a large spoon (spoon the sauce in the middle of the pizza and spread by making larger, and larger circular motions--moving outward). Then evenly cover pizza with 1 c. of shredded cheese on top of pizza crust. Place in oven for 10-12 minutes until crust is golden brown at edges. Remove from oven and spread chicken, onions, and peppers on top of pizza. Sprinkle remainder of cheese on top and cook for an additional 5-8 minutes.

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink