.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


06 October 2012

Crockpot Chiken Taco Bowls



I'm a big fan of left overs for those evening when I just do not have time to cook. Sadly the leftovers are finished and I needed a meal to make. Although my day has not been busy totally busy (though it should have...but I think my body just rebels to work), because I really needed some long over due rest and errand time- I wanted a "non-involved" meal. So, this morning when I woke up I decided to pick a meal from my list for the week that required use of a crockpot. For those of you who do not have a crockpot- you should really get one! The concept of throwing things into a big "pot" and cooking it for hours (ie. while your gone at school or work or just being lazy around the house)- and voila you get a meal, is just amazing to me :) I actually have two crockpots- one smaller and one larger- depending on the recipe and the amount I want to make.

I do have to say- that today was fun for me. I finally found a full service car wash in College Station- and it is half the price of car washes in Houston! YAY! Well with how affordable it is here- I can go every month! So I am definitely excited about that. My car has been neglected so this was was long overdue. Also- I got this really nice plush microfiber steering wheel cover...I'm thrilled about that too :) It'll come in handly tomorrow as the hubster and I are attending the wedding festivities for one of our good friends (he is actually the person who introduced the hubby and I).


I forgot to garnish with shredded cheese before photographing.


CROCKPOT CHICKEN TACO BOWLS
Adapted from Budget Bytes

INGREDIENTS

5 large chicken breasts
1 (16oz) jar of salsa
1 can of black beans (drained)
1 can of corn (drained)
1 c. of onion
3 tbsp. of garlic
2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. cilantro
2 tsp. chilli powder
1/2 pack of taco seasoning
1/4 c. water
Shredded cheese *I forgot to garnish with cheese when photographed :(
Cooked rice

DIRECTIONS

Place everything in pot besides rice and shredded cheese (this includes water). Cook on low for 8 hours. When only 30 minutes left of cooking- use fork to pull apart chicken (you want to create shredded chicken). Cook for remainder of time. In a bowl- place a scoop of rice, then top with taco chicken mixture. Top with shredded cheese.

Enjoy,
Chika

4 comments :

  1. I made this last night & it was really yummy! I love good crockpot recipes! Thanks for sharing !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Renee'! YAY! So glad it came out well! I love crockpot recipes too! They are just to easy! Thanks for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Cooking Recipes! Thanks :) And thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink