.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


20 October 2012

Cajun Couscous



I do not think I have ever shared this but the hubster was born and raised in Lousiana, specifically Breaux Bridge, Lousiana. After meeting him and spending a few holidays with his family- I can say I am a little familiar with Cajun food or at least a bit more familiar with southern food. And I love it! I think my favorite food that hubster introduced me to was boudain. OMG! Delicious! I also love crawfish and oysters. I think I am already starting to drool.

With that being said, I cannot say that the title is accurate, but I wanted to keep ode to the original recipe. Let's hope that when the hubby comes home from a quick trip to work, that he will enjoy it. This recipe was something different for me in that I do not think I have ever made couscous or if I have- its been a really long time. The original recipe called for pasta- but I thought I would try something different since I had some free time on my hands. I have been greatly enjoying this very lazy saturday. And Ninja, well he enjoys sniffing the yummy food and whining becuase he cannot have any ;)





CAJUN COUSCOUS
Adapted from Budget Bytes

INGREDIENTS

Preheat Oven to 350F degrees

3 bell peppers
1 red onion
5.7 oz of couscous
1 lb. smoked, turkey sausage

FOR VINEGRETTE
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1/2 c. red wine vinegar
1 tbsp. garlic
1 tbsp. dijon mustard
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. red pepper

Cilantro for garnish

DIRECTIONS

Slice peppers into small strips and chop onions. Place on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake for about 20-30 minutes. While peppers and onions are cooking- cook couscous according to package instruction. Also, slice sausage into small rounds, about 1/2 inch thick. Cook sausage in large skillet, over medium heat until browned. Once peppers, onions, couscous and sausage is ready, prepare vinegrette by combining all ingredients and whisking well. In a large bowl combine couscous, peppers, onions, and sausage and toss with vinegrette.

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink