.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


02 October 2012

Chorizo Stew



Good News! Keeping Ninja from the dog park and allowing him to stay off his leg as much as possible (besides walking)- has really helped him! The limp is almost gone- so I think it was a pulled muscle afterall. There is not much really to share since yesterday- so to you all I say Happy Tuesday! Its been a overall nice day, which is unusal because Tuesdays can be a bit hectic for me. I had a really nice and funny lunch with two good friends which always makes my day better. And I got a new work bag- my other one died and by died I mean started to rip and looked horrible. In trying to maintain my "professional" appearance, I figured I probably need a bag that is not torn up. I am now the owner of a new, cute big leather bag (big being the key word here)- so I can fit everything! Ie. my laptop, water, books, etc.

Anywhoo- with the sunset coming a lot earlier in the day- its been difficult to come home, cook and still have daylight to photograph (and isnt that whats important)? Well I got done a little late today and so I needed something I could whip up quickly. Thankfully, as I had mentioned, I got my recipes this week from Budget Bytes and most of the recipes seem easy and quick to put together. Today the hubby was smart enough to thaw out the chorizo before we left for work/school. Which is good because the recipe that called for Chorizo ended up being simple and quick to make :) I have to say that although Chorizo is not the most appealing looking it is delicious! My recipe ended up slightly different than the original- not sure if it was because my the modificaitons I made...not quite sure. Mine definitely turned out, more "brownish-red" vs. dark brown and seemed a lot thicker, creamier.





CHORIZO STEW
Adapted slightly from Budget Bytes

INGREDIENTS

3 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. garlic
1 cup onion (1/2 c. green onion and 1/2 c. white onion)
1 carrot, chopped
1 bag of frozen bell pepper blend w/ onions
2 casings of chorizo
1 can of coconut milk
1 can of black beans
1 1/4 c. of diced tomatoes
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. basil
2 c. cooked rice
cilantro for garnish

DIRECTIONS

On medium heat, put olive oil, garlic, onion, and carrot in pot and sautee for 5 minutes until onion turns clear. Then add bell peppers (previously thawed) and cook an additional 5-10 minutes. Add chorizo and cook for 5 minutes- while cooking, separate with spoon. Once chorizo has been cooking for 5 minutes, add coconut milk, black beans, and tomatoes. Stir well. Then add oregano and basil. Cook on medium heat for 30 minutes- stirring occasionally to prevent the bottom from burning. Once stew is ready, fill bowl and place a scoop of rice on top. Garnish with cilantro.

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink