.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


16 October 2013

Gnocchi w/ Pesto Cream Sauce



I love getting into the seasons and holidays. I wish the hubby and I had a bigger place, really a house (which is not possible since I am still in school, and I know we still have got some moving around in our future) -- because I want to buy tons of holiday decor. Fall (as much as it can be Fall in Texas) is here. Today was the first cold day of the season. I whipped out my winter boots and long sweaters :) Can't wait till it gets a little cooler so I can wear my scarves (I bought a ton while in Asia that I love). Although it does not happen here, I love the leaves changing colors, being wrapped up in a blanket on the couch, eating soup and wearing house socks.


Living in a small college town, does not always provide me a foodie scene that I was used to in Los Angeles or Houston. But I have found some amazing little finds, that I have fallen in love with. One restaurant is called Cenare's. I went there last month for a dear friend's 40th birthday. She is in my cohort and so we started graduate school together. She has grown into a wonderful friend that makes my time in graduate school so much better :) Well, even though she turned 40 she looks 20! I am in complete awe and envy of not only her youthful looks but her amazingly youthful and sweet personality. I wanted to do something special for her 40th birthday and so I hosted a surprise birthday for her. She loves spaghetti and so I knew I wanted to host this party at an Italian restaurant.


And I am so glad I found Cenare's. The food was mouthwatering! I could eat everything on their menu. And unlike other Italian chain restaurants, they make their food fresh. And you can taste this freshness. Every single person that came, loved their meal. I chose the gnocchi with cream sauce and I was hooked. It was so creamy and the Italian sausage that came with it, was a perfect pairing. Ever since then, I have been craving this recipe. So I decided to figure out how to make it myself :) It is so, so yummy! I am a huge fan of gnocchi. The recipe is easy to make, and would make a perfect meal for a date night with the boyfriend, fiance, or hubby. You're gonna love this!






GNOCCHI W/ PESTO CREAM
A For the Love of Dessert Original Recipe
INGREDIENTS 

1 (16oz) box of gnocchi
2 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. garlic
1 c. heavy cream or half and half
1/2 c. of Parmesan cheese
3-4 tbsp. pesto sauce
salt and pepper to taste

2 Italian sausage links, sliced

DIRECTIONS 

In a medium pot of salted boiling water -- cook pasta according to package directions. Drain excess water and run cold water through pasta to prevent sticking. Keep pasta in colander. Do not return to pot. 

In the medium pot, melt butter over medium heat. Once melted, saute garlic until golden brown and fragrant. Increase heat to medium-high and whisk in heavy cream -- constantly stirring -- and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, and stir in Parmesan cheese. Continue stirring until cheese had melted. Mix in pesto sauce, followed by salt and pepper. Allow sauce to simmer for an additional 3-5 minutes on low heat, occasionally stirring. Once sauce has thickened, fold in gnocchi until completely covered in sauce.

While prepping sauce, in a medium skillet over medium heat, cook Italian sausage until browned. Top gnocchi with Italian sausage.

Enjoy,
Chika

11 comments :

  1. That looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steph! No problem :) It was absurdly yummy and great to eat on a cold winters day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this for dinner last night and topped it with bacon instead of sausage and added toasted pecans. It was so delicious and the perfect meal for a chilly night. Will make this again!! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Whitney! I LOVE this recipe too! I actually went back to the restaurant but this time they topped it with blue crab....soooooooo good!

      Delete
  4. absolutely fabulous recipe! could not get any better dish in a restaurant..... thank you !

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many servings does it make?

    ReplyDelete
  6. An entire tbsp of minced garlic?? Is that correct?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I made this recipe for the fourth time last night, and I just have to tell you that it remains one of the best foods I've ever eaten! I even skip the sausage, because I just don't think it needs it--the sauce for the gnocchi is delicious and so rich. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for this amazing post! This really takes to burn away stubborn body fat to the next level. I personally got started one month ago & already using this diet plan and did it all thanks to the 2 week diet & 14 days diet plan that are easy to follow. I' m sure this will provide tremendous result to anyone who see this.
    You can check it out here: http://tinyurl.com/yc5dg8l4

    ReplyDelete
  9. How many servings does this make?

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink