.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


27 October 2013

Candy Corn M&M Cookie Bars



Remember in elementary school when it was Halloween, and you got to bring your costume to school? And then towards the end of the day, you got to stop schoolwork early, change into your costume and enjoy treats that all the parents sent with their kids to school?! I loved it! It was so fun. I was a red devil, a witch, Frankenstein. Looking back, I loved how my parents never forced me to be anything girly -- I got to be whatever I wanted to be :) I hope that when I have kids, I'll push them to think outside of the box for their costumes and not just be a "princess" or "superhero" but maybe a "princess superhero" :) Well, its clear from Facebook that the Halloween celebrations have begun! I love seeing all the costumes, especially the creative ones!

Hopefully either you, your significant other, child or all of the above have  a Halloween party coming up for which you plan to make some treats for. For that I bring you Day 4 of my Spooktacular countdown to Halloween. Candy corn epitomizes Halloween treats -- I know, I know, Halloween is associated with treats in general, but if you could think of one sweet that is Halloween and only available around Halloween -- it is candy corn! Well, last year, the hubby found these candy corn M&Ms and decided to try it. I knew I wanted to incorporate candy corn into my Spooktacular countdown. I thought of these M&Ms from last year, and decided they would be a creative twist to a candy corn dessert.

I really enjoy cookie bars, because you get the fun of a cookie but the ease of a bar. Because you just get to dump the batter in a baking dish and let it bake :) Super duper easy, right?! They came out perfect! They smelled so wonderful coming out of the oven -- the mix of white chocolate and candy corn M&Ms in a cookie batter...mmmm....just how a home should smell during Halloween. I gave some to Justin and Luke, and Ashley is going to swing by in a bit to get the rest. The hubby is having a hard time keeping up with eating all the sweets since I am making a new one each day. Hahahaha...he could use all the help he can get ;)







CANDY CORN M&M COOKIE BARS 
Cookie bar adapted from Bakestravaganza

INGREDIENTS

2 1/8 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 sticks of butter, softened
1 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. sugar
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. white chocolate chips
9.9 oz. candy corn M&Ms, divided

DIRECTIONS

In a small bowl, sift and then whisk together flour and baking soda. Set aside. Then in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment cream together butter and sugars, approximately 5 minutes, until light and fluffy. Add egg and egg yolk, followed by vanilla -- mixing until well combined. Stir in dry ingredients until just incorporated. Do not over mix. Remove from mixer and, using a spatula, fold in white chocolate chips and half of the M&Ms.

Line a 9x13 or 9x15 baking dish with aluminum foil. Grease aluminum foil with butter, shortening or cooking spray. This will help when removing bars from baking dish, allow for cooling, and easier, cleaner cutting into squares.

Spread batter evenly in baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining M&Ms evenly onto the top of the batter and gently press in. Bake 30-35 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow to completely cool before cutting into squares.

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink