.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


06 January 2013

Whopper Blondies



I have had these Whoppers lying around and have been just itching to use them but I could not find the right recipe. Most of the whopper recipes also call for malt powder which I did not have lying around. After some searching-- I found this recipe for Whopper Blondies. I am a huge fan of blondies and brownies. I always make them on the gooey side- and I just cannot resist the ooey gooey goodness....mmmmmm....

BUT I have not had the best of success making brownies and blondies. See the problem with my blondies and brownies--and maybe yours-- is that the edges raise and get really crispy. And then when I try to cut them into squares and scoop them out of the pan- they just never come out perfectly. Oh the frustration! 

I looked up at how to make successful blondies and brownies. These are some of the tips and tricks I learned from Taste of Home (a really good list) and I found the most helpful: (1) use a light colored pan or glass, (2) line the pan with aluminum foil so that the blondie/brownie can be easily separated from the pan, (3) grease the aluminum foil with grease (butter or shortening)  so the blondie/brownie has clean edges, and (4) place the pan on the center rack in the center of the rack. 

Here are two more I picked up: (1) half way through cooking move the blondie to the bottom rack so the bottom can cook and (2) when moving it to the bottom rack, place an empty cookie sheet right above- to prevent the top of the blondie from over-browning. Granted my pictures may not look like they are perfectly cooked- but you must remember that I WANT ooey-gooey blondies, because I am weird like that ;)






WHOPPER BLONDIES 
Adapted from Annie's City Kitchen

INGREDIENTS

Preheat Oven to 350F Degrees

1/2 c. whoppers finely crushed (use food processor)
2 1/3 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 stick of butter, softened
1 3/4 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. of Whoppers, coarsely chopped
1 c. chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

In a medium bowl, whisk together finely crushed Whoppers, flour and baking soda-- set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together butter and brown sugar. Add eggs, one at time until combined followed by vanilla. On low speed, add dry ingredients until just incorporated-- do NOT over mix. Lastly, add Whoppers and chocolate chips-- mix until just combined. The dough will be thick and sticky.

Line a 9x13 pan with aluminum foil. Grease aluminum foil with butter or shortening. Spread the blondie batter  in the pan and press evenly. Bake 30-40 minutes or until a inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow the pan to cool for 5 minutes. Then using the aluminum foil- pull the blonide out of the pan and place on a wire rack to completely cool. Once cool, use a knife and cut into squares.

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink