.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


14 January 2013

Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich



As I write this post, I am completely exhausted but not in that, "is this day over?" but in that wonderful "I had a really nice, busy day." I was up at 7am because I teach this semester at 8am. EIGHT AM [that was my attempt at screaming through text- did it work? ;)]. Another random fun fact (though-after thinking- I am not sure how much all my "fun facts" are actually fun)- I am NOT a morning person. And will avoid it at all cost. But I love teaching- and so I guess it all works out at the end.

After 12 hours of a filled day- I came home to, two more packages for my birthday! I also found out-- though not sure if the hubby was supposed to tell me--but he is picking up additional presents (where from? I do not know) that I think is being sent from my parents!! I cannot wait to enjoy a wonderful sushi dinner with some of my best friends and the hubby, eat yummy cupcakes (of course I would have cupcakes and not cake :), and open my presents!

Onward and forward to food: yesterday I made these avocado grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch. When I first stumbled upon this recipe it looked really interesting, sparked my interest and seemed to have great potential to taste delicious- kind of like when I saw the Avocado Mac n' Cheese recipe. So I decided to try it! They were AWESOME! The hubby said they were delightfully light-feeling (like they did not make him feel heavy after eating it) and that it tasted just great! I agree! I am a huge fan of these sandwiches!






 AVOCADO GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH

INGREDIENTS

2 ripe avocados
2 tbsp. green onions
1 tsp. salt (add to taste)
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tomato, sliced
8 pieces of bread
Butter for spreading
4 slices of desired cheese

*Optional: add diced jalapenos for flavor if desired

DIRECTIONS

To make the guacamole- cut avocados in half and remove seed. Scoop out the avocado from peel, using small spoon and place in medium sized bowl. Mash the avocados using a fork or flat tool (I use either the bottom of a water bottle or the top of a flat spice bottle-- so much easier for mashing). Add onions, lime juice, salt, and--if desired jalapenos. Stir until well combined. This guacamole will be used to make 3-4 sandwiches depending on how much guacamole you prefer to  have in each sandwich. 

Spread a layer of butter on one side of each slice of bread. The sides with the butter will be the outside of the grilled cheese. On the inside of the slices, spread a thick layer of guacamole. Then on one slice- top the guacamole with tomato, jalapenos  and finally a slice of cheese. Cover with other slice of bread, guacamole facing inside and butter on the outside. 

On the stove top, heat a skillet on medium heat. Grill sandwich on each side for about 2 minutes or until golden and crispy. Flip sandwich, and cook for an additional two minutes until also golden brown.  Repeat for remaining sandwiches.

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink