.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


26 January 2013

One Skillet Spinach & Sausage Spaghetti



First, I have to say that I am writing this while watching Guy Code on MTV. When I saw the previews for this show-- I was thinking it was another lame shown on MTV that is just a bit much. But I have to say- it's pretty darn funny. It is more like a comedy show where guys talk about different topics- and I really like it! So, although I never plug for a T.V. show especially not one on MTV-- I have to say--that you should take the time to watch it, it's a good laugh.


This morning the hubby, Luke, Justin and I decided to have a cupcakery adventure at a new bakery that opened up in Bryan/College Station area called BCS (i.e., Bryan College Station) Chocolate Gallery. All of their cupcakes seemed yummy! It is a chocolate store + bakery all in one-- who would not love this place?! Right when I entered, I just became overwhelmed with joy! And after enjoying some cupcake and cake truffle fun this afternoon-- I must say that I have officially found the cupcakery for me :) Ok-- it's technically a chocolate gallery but it has amazing cupcakes! YAY-- there is finally a good cupcake place in the area :)  And there is so much to try-- that I have many reasons to go back!


I did my weekly menu planning and grocery shopping yesterday. I like to do most of my cooking on the weekends because I get too busy on the weekdays but I still want the hubby to have homemade meals. Well when I woke up this morning I realized that I forgot to take out the different meats I need to use- and thaw it :( Tragic. But that is alright, because I was meeting Justin and Luke at noon. The only meat that I had thawed was the turkey sausage for one my recipes- which worked well- a simple, one skillet meal that is actually another Blogger retake on the original version of Spicy Sausage Pasta recipe that I made a while back. How interesting- foodie versions of the same recipe can come out so differently--both so yummy!

Update: the hubby came home and tried this and said it was good but he much preferred the Spicy Sausage Pasta.







ONE SKILLET SPINACH AND SAUSAGE SPAGHETTI
Adapted from Budget Bytes

INGREDIENTS

14 oz. turkey sausage 
1 tbsp. olive oi
1 c. diced onions
1- 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes w/ chiles
2.5-3 c. of chicken broth
8 oz. of spaghetti (break spaghetti in half)
3 c. of fresh spinach
1 c. of shredded cheese 
1 whole green onion, diced
Crushed red peppers (optional- if like spicy)

DIRECTIONS

Thinly slice sausage into medallions. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and add sausage. Saute the sausage until browned, about 6-8 minutes. Then add diced onion (not green onion) and saute onion until browned and slightly translucent. Add the can of diced tomatoes (do not drain) and chicken broth (first only add 2.5 c.). Stir to combine. 

Add the uncooked spaghetti (broken in half) to the skillet and make sure that all the pasta is submerged under the liquid (if you need additional liquid add the remaining half a cup of chicken broth). Place a lid on the skillet and allow the mixture to come to a heavy boil. Once boiling, remove lid, reduce heat to low and let simmer for 10-15 minutes (stir only occasionally), until most but not all of the liquid has evaporated. The pasta should be tender. 

Stir in the fresh spinach, one cup at a time, until the spinach wilts. Once all the spinach is added, sprinkle the shredded cheese on top and place lid on skillet- let sit for a few minutes until cheese had melted. Garnish with green onions and red pepper flakes (optional).

Enjoy,
Chika 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink