.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


13 January 2013

S'more Muffins



T-Minus 5 days till my birthday! For the hubby's breakfast this week, I wanted to make some s'more muffins. One item on my wishlist was a muffin tray. Okay- so I admit it- I peeked- BUT only in the big box. I just knew my sister got it for me...flash forward a few seconds...fail! It was not in there and now I feel guilty for peeking. Since I am a blabber- when the hubby came home from a quick run to his work- I confessed that I peeked.

He let me know--after I put the muffins in the oven- that they did get me a muffin pan! He also told me that all the boxes from what he and my sister got me have not come yet! Now- not only am I excited about my muffin tray but to know there is more! I have officially turned 5 again :)

About these muffins: I love s'mores! In anyway I can eat them- traditional over a campfire, cookies, pies, cupcakes, bars....and now MUFFINS! When I searched for a s'more muffin recipe- there was only one good recipe I found. I was so surprised at how little s'more muffin recipes there were out there. But now I know why! These muffins are messy! Not so much to prepare and bake but the aftermath! Marshmallow fluff and stickiness everywhere :)  

When I read the reviews of the original recipe- some people said that it did not taste like s'mores per say and that the muffins were a bit dry. I compensated by adding more graham crackers and some heavy cream for moistness- but I may have overcompensated on the moistness. As for the taste- the hubby said that it did taste like s'more but you could not taste the graham cracker as much as he would have preferred. The recipe reflects how I would bake them next time. 






S'MORE MUFFINS
Adapted from Taste of Home

INGREDIENTS

Preheat oven to 400F Degrees

4 tbsp. of butter, softened
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
4 tsp. sugar
1 egg
1/3 c. sour cream
5-6 tbsp. heavy cream*
2/3 c. all purpose flour
2/3 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon 
1/2 c. of chocolate chips
6 tbsp. marshmallow creme

*Add 5 tbsp. at first- if the batter appears too dense, add remaining heavy cream
**optional: 1/3 c. mini marshmallows 

DIRECTIONS

In the bowl of a stand-mixer fitted with paddle attachment, creme together butter and sugars on medium high speed. Add egg, sour cream, and heavy cream and mix on medium-high heat until well incorporated. 

In a separate bowl- whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and cinnamon. Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients- and mix until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips and, if you choose, mini marshmallows.

Fill each muffin tray- 1/4 of the way full with batter. Then place one tbsp. of marshmallow creme on top. Then top with remaining batter. Bake for 14-16 minutes. Allow to cool completely. Should make 6 large muffins. 

Enjoy,
Chika 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink