.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


11 November 2012

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo



I guess the news of the weekend is the Texas A&M (Aggie) win over Alabama. Although, College Station is astir with the unexpected win. To be honest, though, I am just not a sports fan- at all. The only time I may get slightly excited, is when dealing with the Steelers and the Lakers :)

And, I get the love for one's alma mater though people tend to be most loyal to their undergraduate alma mater. And for me that would be UCLA :) I think its because College is a really important time in many people's lives, a time where people learn to grow and learn who they are. For me- I got to expand my horizons, learn my passion for children, reasearch and human sciences. I met people from all around the world, with different perspectives, life experiences and wonderful things to share. And that is the case for so many- the first time where you get to branch out away from your parents. And although graduate school is also a wonderful experience where you meet new people- you usually know better who you are and what you are planning to do (hence being in graduate school)- and so its more of a hard work experience than a marvelous time of expanding your horizons. And thats why when reflecting- your undergraduate university tends to bring out more sentiment.

This was a gloomy weekend- which naturally lended itself to long naps and extended time watching televion. It was a wonderful and needed wind down from the week and time for me to really re-coop from comments that made me sad :( Well, for me, I love comfort food to soothe my emotions and so I chose to make Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo. Actually, I think-- since I planned by grocery list feeling a little blue-- my whole weeklyk menu might be comfort food :)





CHICKEN FETTUCCINE ALREDO
Adapted from Six Sister's Stuff

INGREDIENTS

1 box Fettuccine noodles
4oz of cream cheese
2 c. milk
3 tbsp. flour
1 tsp. salt
2 chicken breasts (cut into strips)
1 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. olive oil
2 tbsp. garlic
1 c. parmesean cheese (+ some for garnish)
1/2 c. shredded yellow cheese
Green onions and cilantro for garnish

DIRECTIONS

Cook noodles according to package directions. In a food processor combine cream cheese, milk, flour and salt. Set aside. On stove top, heat skillet on medium heat. Heat butter and brown garlic (1 tbsp)- then add chicken breast and cook thoroughly. Also on medium heat, in pot- combine olive oil and garlic (1 tbsp)-sautee garlic. Once sauteed, add alfredo sauce and bring to slightly boil (until begin to bubble). When this occurs, reduce heat to low and add parmesean cheese and shreddeed cheese- sauce should thicken. If the sauce it too thick- just add milk.

Pour alreado sauce over noodles and top with chicken, cilantro and parmesean cheese.

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink