.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


18 November 2012

Cheesy Corn Cakes with Guacamole



Happy Sunday! This weekend was an interesting one. We finally set the date for Ninja's CCL (ACL) and Patella surgery- December 17th, 2012. My little baby is such a tropper- the vet said that seeing Ninja walk, he would never have guessed he has a torn ACL- and that Ninja must have a high tolerance for pain. Well- I know he is not going to like getting surgery and seeing him at the vet always breaks my heart- but I am hoping for a healthy and speedy recovery for my baby. I picked that surgery date so I could stay home with him for a month- to make sure I can take very good care of him. So that was a sad point for me- but thankfully the hubby came with me to the vet- becuase he knew it would be hard for me.

But thankful I have wonderful friends who invited Beau and I over for dinner and game night- for some good old fashion cheering up. I really need to host a dinner to thank them for that- because it meant a lot to me-- but now I have to find the perfect recipes (dinner + dessert). Then, I spent more of today baking and cooking away. I wanted to make a ton of sweets for my sister and brother-in-law for Thanksgiving. My sister let me know that my brother-in-law is a fan of cookies, so I am going to have a fun-filled Thanksgiving cookie post series. I am really excited to share some of those recipes with you all. I am also really excited because I finally got to go back to my "roots"- in that I spent the day making a lot of desserts :) My true love and the reason I started this blog.

Although there are only two days in this week before Beau and I get to take off and have 5 days of freedom :) (not really...as I have a TON of grading and writing)...but at least a break...I have a feeling those two days are going to crawl by. Does that ever happen to you- where you are so so so excited for something and times seems to go backwards as you are waiting? Well- as I am waiting- I made these Corn Cakes and they are DELICIOUS! I really love corm and Guacamole- and I could not get enough of this recipe!






CHEESY CORN CAKES WITH AVOCADO CREAM SAUCE
Adapted from Simply Delicious

INGREDIENTS

CORN CAKES
2 cans of corn (unsweetened)- drained
1 can of creamed corn- not drained
1/2 c. of milk
2 eggs
1 tbsp. paprika
1 1/2 c. of cheese
1 1/2 c. of flour
1/2 c. of bread crumbs
1 tsp. baking soda
Olive oil for frying

Guacamole
3 large avocadoes
3 tbsp. onions
2 tbsp. green onions
2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. lemon juice

DIRECTIONS

Combine corn, milk, eggs, and paprika- mix well. Then add cheese, followed by flour, bread crumbs and baking soda. Make sure the mixture is not too watery- you want it to be thick consistency to be able to scoop spoonfuls. Set aside.

On the stove top, heat a large frying pan on medium heat and add some oil so bottom of pan is covered. Once oil is hot- drop spoonful of mixture (I would drop a spoonful and use the tip of the spoon to spread into pancake likes shapes). Once the top begins to bubble (about 1-2 minutes each side)- flip and fry the other side. The goal is to get a nice golden brown crust on each side. Place ontop of napkin to soak up excess oil. Repeat- until all of the corn mixture is used.

For the avocado cream sauce or gaucamole- mash up three ripe avocadoes. Then add in remainder of ingredients- onions, salt and lemon juice and mix well. Serve either on top or to the side of the corn cakes.

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink