.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


26 February 2013

Singapore Noodles



I realized today that my Instagram and Facebook are consumed by two things: Food and Ninja :) Two things I love dearly [if you are thinking where is the hubby--he's more a behind the scenes, shy guy]! This morning I woke up to almost falling off the bed, because I think Ninja does not realize he is technically a dog-- and it might not be okay for him to hog up the whole bed ;) Ninja is a spread out and take all the room I can dog. He does not realize it is wrong, because I let him get away with it- in fact we just sleep "around" him. Spoiled, is a great word to describe him. But to be fair to Ninja- he's our only baby :) He gets all of our love and attention!


Speaking of Singapore-- the hubby has decided that if we are going to Thailand- we should visit Singapore too! Not going to argue with that! Not only do I want to go to Singapore because I have a friend there that I have not seen since college- but the hubby rarely ever asks for ANYTHING (total opposite of me ;) that I always say yes, if he does actually speak up and say he'd like something. Just like Thailand, Singapore has a lot of wonderful things to see and so much culture to soak in! I wonder if they have cupcakeries in Thailand or Singapore? If they do- I have just got to go so I can review those places-- my cupcakery review page will have gone international! ::crossing my fingers::

Okay-- well I love rice noodles and I really love tofu (fried tofu). I then saw a recipe for Singapore Noodles and I also Googled a few more, to see which parts of each recipe I would like to use. The first recipe I found did not use any meat, so I thought I would just add eggs (which the second recipe included) but then while shopping at the local Asian Market, I found some fried tofu. And since I LOVE fried tofu-- I thought the tofu would be a great addition to this noodle dish and be something different for the hubby and I to try. I enjoy this recipe a lot-- and may have already made it twice since the first time I made it (two weeks ago ;) Which is rare in the household of a food blogger who attempts to make different recipes each time. How dare I make something that cannot turn into a post ;)!

I am now going to pull probably an all nighter filled with dense readings :( Hence, why I wanted to post and do something I enjoy, before I tackle that task :/ off I go...






SINGAPORE NOODLES
Adapted from Budget Bytes and No Recipes

INGREDIENTS

NOODLES
8oz. rice noodles
2 tsp. sesame oil

EGGS
1 tbsp. olive oil
4 eggs

STIR FRY VEGGIES AND TOFU
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. garlic
3 green onions, diced
1 package of fried tofu (~13 oz.), cut**
12-16 oz. bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed/drained

SAUCE
1/2-3/4 c. chicken broth
2 tbsp. hot curry powder
2 tbsp. oyster sauce
1 tbsp. chili garlic sauce*
3 tsp. soy sauce
2 tsp. sriracha sauce*
2 tsp. rice-wine
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

*Optional- can exclude or add more to desired taste
**Substitute with protein of choice (I.e., chicken, pork, or remove entirely)

DIRECTIONS

In a large pot, filled with hot water, soak rice noodles for 10-15 minutes (do not cook over heat). The hot water will cook and soften the noodles, without making the noodles too mushy. Once softened, drain excess liquid, rinse in cold water, and return to large pot. Toss noodles with sesame oil. Set aside.

Whisk together the four eggs. Then in a medium skillet heat olive oil over medium heat. Pour eggs into skillet and scramble. Put egg on plate and set aside.

In  a large wok, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic and onion-- saute until fragrant and the garlic is slightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Then add tofu and saute as well, for 5 minutes. Once tofu has slightly caramelized on the outside- add in stir fry vegetables and cook until heated and softened.

In a small bowl combine ingredients for sauce-- chicken broth, curry powder, oyster sauce, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce, sriracha sauce, rice wine and Worcestershire sauce. Add sauce to vegetable-tofu stir fry. And stir for 2 minutes. Add in noodles, using chopsticks or tongs to evenly coat noodles with sauce. Allow excess sauce to be soaked into noodles and/or evaporate slightly. Once this happens, return eggs back into pan and toss with noodles to incorporate.

Enjoy,
Chika


1 comment :



  1. Your blog gave us significant data to work with. Each and each tip of your post are amazing. You're the best for sharing. Continue to blog

    ij.start.cannon

    www.office.com/setup

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink