.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


30 July 2013

Chocolate Chunk, Graham Cracker Muffins



Have you ever watched the TV show Friends? I hope so! It is probably one of my all-time favorite shows. A show that I have no problem watching re-runs of. I'd like to think that my personality doppelganger is Monica. As a psychologist in training, I have no issue admitting that I am undoubtedly a person with Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. Organizing and cleaning are some of my favorite things to do. Though, I realized that I did not include it in my About Me (so I just updated it :). When the hubby and I moved into our first place together this past September, we got a two bedroom apartment, so that one bedroom could be used as an office/guest bedroom. Mostly our office, since we do not often have guests.

I have so much random papers from teaching and school- then I have accumulated various piles on the floor- which is really annoying! And since I have been quite busy until now- I have not kept up with my weekly, thorough cleaning (I know- don't judge me ;).  Well my schedule has lightened up a bit, and I have proclaimed tomorrow to be a cleaning/organizing day. I am going to go through the apartment from top to bottom- dusting, scrubbing, wiping, washing, vacuuming, and organizing! I bought paper racks, magaxine holders, trays, and bins! I am also planning on finally putting up the hubby and I's diplomas. So, I thought I would get on it. Also, the hubby and I picked up some beautiful artwork in South Asia that I would like to display as well. I am excited!

Until then, enjoy this recipe for muffins. I have not made the hubby breakfast in sometime. He has been on a kick of trying different cereals. Kashi and Kellog's came out with some interesting flavors (dates, pecan and cinnamon, etc.). Well, he recently finished his last cereal box that he wanted to try and I jumped on the opportunity to make some muffins. I stumbled upon this recipe on Pinterest and it looked so yummy. Graham cracker and chocolate make a great combination (I mean it is 2/3 of a s'more, right?). And, this muffin has crumble on top, and I really enjoy muffins with crumble on it. Plus, muffins, in general are great. They are super easy to make, and unlike cupcakes, you do not have  worry about frosting them :)







CHOCOLATE CHUNK, GRAHAM CRACKER MUFFINS

INGREDIENTS

Preheat Oven to 375F Degrees

FOR THE MUFFINS
2 c. flour
1 tbsp. baking powder
3/4 c. sugar
2 c. crushed graham crackers (1 c. chunks, 1 c. crumbs)*
1 2/3 c. milk
1/2 c. of butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten 
1 c. chocolate chunks (or more if desired)

FOR THE CRUMBLE
2/3 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
4 tbsp. butter, melted

*For the chunks, I used a Ziplock freezer bag, and crushed graham crackers into chunks. For the crumbs, I used a food processor (or you can buy graham cracker crumbs at the grocery store).

DIRECTIONS

For the Muffins:
In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar and crushed graham crackers. Set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, mix together milk, butter, and eggs. Slowly add in dry ingredients, one cup at a time, until well incorporated. Finally add in chocolate chunks and mix until evenly distributed throughout batter. Line muffin trays with liners or grease each muffin well. Distribute batter among 8 muffin wells (equaling about 2 ice cream scoops in each well).

For Crumble:
In a small bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Mix together until a sand-like consistency is reached. Sprinkle crumble over muffins, making sure to completley cover each muffin top.

Bake for 18-22 minutes, until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool on wire rack for 5-10 minutes. Store in airtight containers.

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink