.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


02 January 2016

Avocado Cilantro Lime Rice




Happy New Year! As I near the end of my Netflix and Hulu binge -- I have been thinking about all the TV series I have watched. I thought it would be fun to share which shows and rank them in order from my most to least favorite. Don't judge me ... but this is sort of a personal accomplishment! I mean, who needs academic when you can claim the fame to being the best Netflix and Hulu binger :)

Going through the list, you are quickly going to notice that I like certain types of shows -- drama, crime shows. I know -- guilty pleasures -- my research advisor was quick to point out the corniness of these shows. But I still love them! So, if that is not your thing, this list is going to be pretty worthless to you. And sprinkled in are some pretty classy trashy TV shows. I am just saying #giveloveandhiphopachance! Here goes:

Monk
Person of Interest 
Chuck
Mysteries of Laura
Psych
Numb3rs
Perception
Lie to Me
Blacklist
The Mentalist 
Rosewood
Breakout Kings
Quantico
Medium
Crossing Jordan
Love and Hiphop Hollywood 
Girlfriends Guide to Divorce
Leverage 
White Collar
Law and Order SVU
Drop Dead Diva
The Finder
Missing
How to Get Away with Murder (not a fan) 
 Scandal (only seasons 1-3, because Olivia Pope gets on my last nerve) 

I am also an avid watcher of  the following Bravo shows (thank you Andy Cohen): Real Housewives (RH) of Orange Country, RH of Beverly Hills, RH of Atlanta, RH of New Jersey, Vanderpump Rules, Shahs of Sunset, and Top Chef. On TLC, I am addicted to Married at First Sight and 90 Day Fiance!

P.S. I am always looking for recommendations on new shows to watch.
 
The first rule to binge watching TV shows: always have yummy food on hand. That is why I was glad, when I found this recipe on Pinterest. Let's rewind. I love Chipotle, especially the cilantro lime rice. Doesn't everyone? This recipe takes it one delicious step further by adding in avocado. Do you guys ever splurge the extra $2.00 to get guacamole? I do! This recipe is guacamole meets cilantro lime rice. Happiness :) To the person who thought of this: Thank you, you brilliant soul.






AVOCADO CILANTRO LIME RICE
Slightly Adapted from Cooking Classy

INGREDIENTS

2 c. of uncooked brown rice 
2 medium ripe avocados 
3 tbsp. lime juice
1/4 c. chopped cilantro
1/4 tsp. cumin
2 tbsp. minced garlic 
Salt and pepper to taste 

DIRECTIONS

Cook the brown rice (I used a rice cooker). Mash avocados in a large mixing bowl. Mix in lime juice, cilantro,  cumin and garlic. Stir in warm, cooked rice. Season with salt and pepper. Store in airtight container for no more than 1-2 days.

Enjoy,

1 comment :

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink