.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


31 December 2013

Favorites of 2013




I cannot believe 2013 is almost over. In 6 hours and 25 minutes to be exact. I do not know about you, but it just flew by for me. I feel like I just wrote my Favorites of 2012. But yet, here came December 31st, 2013. Although Thanksgiving is usually when people reflect on what they are grateful for, so is New Year's Eve. It lets me reflect on the year to see what my favorite moments were, what I am grateful for and what I look forward to in the New Year.

What was my favorite moment? By far, my favorite part of 2013 was my trip with the hubby to Southeast Asia. I LOVED it. Being able to soak in the incredible culture of Singapore, Malaysia, Cambodia and Thailand was beyond amazing. I mean just AMAZING! Such a once in a lifetime cultural experience. It has definitely sparked the hubby and I's interest in continuing our travels around the world and to experience other cultures.

So what do I look forward to in the New Year...a few things: I would love another big cultural trip. I want to go to Italy and Greece but the hubby wants to visit South America. So we shall see. But I am excited to go visit Cancun, Mexico and Puerto Rico (which we are definitely going). I am excited to see my one best friend get married and having the honor to stand by her side as she does! And hopefully see my other best friend get engaged. And I am looking forward to applying for internship and hopes that brings a wonderful, promising new step in my professional career!

And what I am grateful for: An amazingly supportive, loving and just all around wonderful hubby who I have been beyond blessed with. And though he may get on my nerves sometimes (that stupid toilet seat ;)...I know I am one lucky gal! I love being a mom to my Ninja face. He has been on the best and happiest parts of my life. A wonderful and sweet family, who provide me with love every step of the way. Two best friends who are my family and always will be. Getting closer with friends who have been such a blessing in my Texas life  (Ashely, this would be you :). Another year of self-discovery and growth. And, always, another year baking, cooking, blogging and being For the Love of Dessert ( and you for taking the time to stop by and making this blog so worth it)!

2014-- I am excited for you! But to wrap up 2013, I thought I would share my top 10 favorites recipes and the hubby's top 10 favorite recipes! We don't share our favorites until I am about to post...and we have two of the same favorites...which I guess means they are extra awesome? ;) These are in no particular order.

MY FAVORITES

1. Mac n' Cheese Pizza


2. Roasted Vegetable Mac n' Cheese


3. Spicy Chicken Poblano Risotto


4. Chicken Fried Rice, Take 2


5. S'moreos 


6. Soft Dark Chocolate M&M Fudge


7. Chocolate Chunk, Graham Cracker Muffins


8. Brownie Pudding


9. Mr. Goodbar Pudding Cookies


10. Hot Chocolate Muskateers Fudge Brownies

 

THE HUBBY'S FAVORITES 

1. Avocado Grilled Cheese Sandwich


2. Sour Cream Noodle Casserole


3. Tater Tot Casserole


4. Roasted Poblano & Corn Grits with Chorizo


5. Pizzatinis


6. Oatmeal Fudge Bars


7. Brownie Pudding


8. Strawberry Mascarpone Layer Cake

 
9. Cinnamon Pecan Pudding Cookies


10. Hot Chocolate Muskateers Fudge Brownies


Happy New Year,
Chika 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink