.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


27 December 2013

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Bites



How was your Christmas morning. I was excited to share with the hubby the presents I got him (i.e, the video games). BUT for the first time, I did not get the hubby what he wanted. And I could tell. He usually loves it and starts smiling, this time, he kinda half smiled. And was more excited about the things I put in his stocking-- seasonal food items that I thought he would enjoy. He really liked the Pepperidge Farms Caramel Apple Cookies I got him. He ate those up. And I loved the deep fryer I got (to make doughnuts and tempura) and the new clothes! Can't wait to wear them! Finally got some Chevron pattern outfits! It was a nice Christmas.

He really thought I got him paper ;)


I have never been a huge fan of peanut butter. Wait let me correct that. I love peanut butter in desserts but I just have not been one to eat peanut butter independently. Like how I eat Nutella ;) I know a ton of people who can just eat peanut butter by itself...I am not one of those people. But that has all changed. I have discovered dark chocolate peanut butter! mmmm...that I can eat by itself, but what I love more? Is to scoop animal crackers into it and EAT! Who knew that dark chocolate peanut butter existed?!? I did not. Weird thing is, the hubby did and said he tried it a long time ago? WHAT?!? Well, I am glad I found it and then stumbled on this recipe for dark chocolate peanut butter bites! They were so easy to make and so yummy to eat! Trust me, if you haven't had dark chocolate peanut butter...do so...quickly!







DARK CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BITES
Adapted from Uni Homemaker

INGREDIENTS 

Preheat Oven to 325F Degrees 

2 c. of dark chocolate peanut butter (I used Skippy but you can also use Peanut Butter & Co. brand)
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/4 c. all purpose flour
1 c. holiday chips

DIRECTIONS

Line a mini-cupcake pan with liners (24 mini-wells in each tray). Set aside. 

In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together dark chocolate peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Once smooth, scrape down sides of bowl and stir in flour. Remove from stand mixer and fold in holiday chips. 

Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, spoon batter into each mini baking cup. Sprinkle extra holiday chips on top. Bake for 10-12 minutes (on bottom rack of oven) or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Do not overbake these bites -- they will taste very dry if you do. Allow to cool before eating.

Enjoy,
Chika


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink