.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


22 December 2012

Southwestern Salad



I must be addicted to blogging- :)- again, not the worst problem to have.Though, I did say that I would take the time away from baking, but that does not mean that I can stop cooking-- after all hubbies do need to be fed ;)  I just really like sharing the different things I **attempt** to make. And well--there is always a few minutes of downtime to post.

I had no idea how fast Christmas was approaching. The hubby and I decided to just do a small Christmas- in no big or a lot of gifts-- since it was just the three of us (yes- that includes Ninja). So, I had Justin and Luke, talk to the hubby about video games-- because I knew that is what he would want for Christmas. Well, when I realized Christmas was this coming week, I went to Game Stop to pick up the game. I am glad I did because I found out that the game that he mentioned to Justin he wanted was an exclusive Game Stop release. Also, it was the last one :) Thank goodness- it is not like College Station has an abundance of Game Stops.

Then I went and got Mr. Ninja Face his presents. I got him some really cute treats, frisbees (because no, he does not like catching them but yes, he does like chewing them) and an adorable spikey ball. Ninja has way too many toys, so I thought treats would be good. But then again, Ninja has a lot of treats ;) When I went home, it was adorable, because I guess Ninja saw what was in the bag and just knew it was for him. So, when I put his things in the closet to hide, he sat outside the closet waiting. :) My baby is just too cute!

When I came home- I whipped up this quick and easy, throw together southwestern salad. It reminded me of the southwestern salad from BJs Restaurant and Brewery.






SOUTHWESTERN SALAD

INGREDIENTS

FOR THE SALAD
1 large bag of chopped lettuce (or one head of lettuce chopped)
1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 can of corn (drained and rinsed)
1 bell pepper, diced
2 tomatoes, diced (or 1 can of diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed)
3 green onions, diced
1/4 c. cilantro, finely chopped 
2 avocados, sliced 
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded*
1 bag of tortilla strips* 

*I shred my chicken by cooking it in the crockpot first. I usually shred chicken in bulk. take what I need and refrigerate/freeze the rest :)
*Tortilla Strips are sold with the croutons 

FOR THE DRESSING
1/2 c. mayonnaise
2/3 c. plain yogurt
1 tbsp. ranch seasoning
3 tbsp. taco seasoning 

DIRECTIONS

In a large bowl, combine lettuce, beans, corn, pepper, tomatoes, onions, and cilantro (mix well). Make sure all ingredients are dry and the lettuce can become soggy. When serving add chicken, avocado slices, and tortilla strips. 

For dressing, combine mayonnaise, plain yogurt, ranch seasoning and taco seasoning in small bowl and stir well. Drizzle dressing on top of salad(and shake well). 

Enjoy,
Chika 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink