.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


18 December 2012

Snickerdoodle Muffins



Last night was a challenge! Ninja would not sleep all night! My poor baby spent the night crying- I could only imagine how much pain he was in. I tried to figure out what things he wanted and what he was trying to indicate but sometimes it just did not work. He finally went to sleep around 5-6am (I lost track after being so sleepy). The hubby and I made a make-shift bed on the floor since Ninja cannot climb up and down, and slept with him on the floor. I think, or I hope, it made him feel better. This morning was another battle. Ninja has decided that (1) he does not like being cold packed and would rather attempt to run away with a gimp leg than let the ice pack touch him and (2) that his pain medicines suddenly taste gross (Ninja has never had a problem with eating pills) and that he would rather eat around them (when we put it in his food) or spit them out. Thankfully - though- his little curly tail, which is usually always up- but was straight down since the surgery- came back up and started wagging :) Which makes me- a happy mommy!

So now I am sitting here- after shoving pills down Ninjas mouth :( and watching him like a hawk to make sure he does not lick his leg and jump around (two things he suddenly wants to do!). The hubby was going to stay home with him all day as I had meetings to go to but with Ninja not sleeping, not eating his meds and his wound leaking a bit (yes, gross)- this was just too foreign for the hubby (oh husbands) and so I had to help Ninja. We have a vet visit to ask some follow up questions and for the vet to look at Ninja's leg but sadly the appointment is at 1pm- so the hubby will have to take him alone because I have an evaluation to conduct that I cannot miss.

While waiting for the hubby to come back- I decided I would post about some muffins I had made him yesterday during my anxious await to see if Ninja's surgery went well. I think it is pretty obvious by now that I have a huge love of chocolate and rarely eat desserts that do not have some form of chocolate in it (or red velvet). Well, I have to admit that these muffins are pretty darn good and I may have ate some before the hubby got home ;) I normally am not a cinnamon fan but for some reason I wanted to eat these muffins up- they were so moist and just melted in your mouth. I suggest you whip some up, since they are so holiday spirited and eat them!






SNICKERDOODLE MUFFINS
Adapted from Eat Me, Delicious

INGREDIENTS

Preheat Oven to 350F degrees

2 stick of butter, softened
1 c. of sugar
1 tbsp. vanilla
2 eggs, room temperature
2 1/2 c. flour 
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cream of tartar 
3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/4 c. sour cream

1/2 c. sugar with 1 tbsp. sugar mixed together for covering the muffins* 

*I used a pre-bought "spice" that is equally Sugar and Cinnamon.

DIRECTIONS

In the bowl of a stand-mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy, approximately 6-8 minutes. Add vanilla and then eggs, one at a time until incorporated. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, alternating with sour cream-- start with dry ingredients end with dry ingredients. Meaning, I divided the dry mixture into roughly equal fourths and I added the sour cream like such: 1/4 dry mixture, 1/2c. sour cream, 1/4 dry mixture, 1/2c. sour cream, 1/4 dry mixture, 1/4 c. sour cream, 1/4 c. dry mixture. 

Cover muffin pan with non-stick spray so muffins will not stick. Cover the bottom of each muffin well with the cinnamon sugar mixture. Then, using and ice cream scoop, fill each muffin well. Once filled, cover each muffin with cinnamon sugar mixture. Place in oven and cook for 18-20 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean. 

Enjoy,
Chika 



No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink