.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


30 September 2012

Pumpkin Ninja Biscuits



Last post of the day! Phew...I actually love when I have tons of things to post and the truth is I wish I could post daily. Maybe, just maybe soon...I will master my schedule and not always feel so overwhelmed. Not really quite sure how I lived without the hubby with me in College Station, because I barely have time to take care of Ninja :( My poor baby is so mommy deprived. I owe him big time and some major loving! He's starting to have some resistance to my working- and if you are my facebook friend- you would have heard that Ninja now has a cute little routine to attract my attention and convince me that school work is not as cool as him. My conclusion? He has a winning argument!

And what post day is complete without something related to Ninja?! So, although I have not even close, baked everything...I wanted to bake something that Ninja could enjoy. The poor thing, always waits at the edge of the kitchen as I bake and cook, just waiting for me to drop something or hoping that I will give him a treat. And I always feel so bad, becuase he does not get much (or any) of my attention while I bake and then when I'm done he does not get to enjoy anything I make. So I decided to make puppy frozen yogurt (to be posted later) for those hot, after dog park days and these pumpkin biscuits.

Pumpkin is quite soothing for puppy tummies, especially when they are constipated. So I thought- these would be nice to make for Ninja- and hopefully he will enjoy them. Well he did, but he only got one, becuase I did not want him to overload on pumpkin biscuits. Instead of sharing Ninja's enjoyment with words, I thought pictures could make this post :)









PUMPKIN NINJA BISCUITS
Adapted from Simmer Till Done

INGREDIENTS

Preheat Oven to 350F degrees

1/2 c. canned pumpkin
2 eggs
1/4 c. honey
2 tbsp. peanut butter
2 1/2 c. wheat flour

Combine pumpkin, eggs , honey and peanut butter. Mix well. Slowly add in wheat flour. If dough is too soft, add more flour. If dough appears to "hard" knead further. On a floured sufrace roll out dough (re-rolling scraps as you go)- to about 1/4'' thick. If you prefer thicker biscuits or thinner, just adjust thickness of dough. Using cookie cutter, punch shapes out of dough. Simmer Till Done suggested using a fork to create a decorative pattern- which I chose to do. So you might want to think of doing that as well- just use a fork and press down half way through the biscuit. Place cookies on a baking tray (do not grease baking pan)- instead I just lined pan with aluminum foil. Bake for 20 minutes.

Enjoy (or let your dog enjoy),
Chika

2 comments :

  1. Where did you find dog bone cookie cutter shapes?! :D I need some of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! I got them in the Wilton 101 cookie cutter set but you can also by them individually at Hobby Lobby :) Hobby lobby as bone shaped cookie cutters and cake pans as well as doggie shaped cookie cutters!

      Delete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink