.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


05 May 2015

Taco Pasta Salad




Not sure if you have ever noticed, but the tagline for my blog is "Forget love, I'd rather fall in chocolate." Well my cousin just sent me something that also made me think "how perfect for my blog!" and I wanted to share it with you because its a cute laugh! ... okay ... so I am not the healthiest person in the world ... chocolate is good for the soul ;)


Keeping with the theme of fun ... I had a really great weekend. I am a weirdo, pretty much fact. And I love dog sitting .... errr ... dog sitting HOUSE TRAINED dogs. The poor hubby comes home to a lot of "Surprise! We are watching [insert dog name]"  Well this weekend, I somehow agreed to watch two other dogs (so ninja + 2) all in our small apartment. But Ninja had so much fun playing. It was so cute. Ninja has been catching up on some major zzzzz's since his friends left... sweet baby has been passed out all day.


I also got together with good friends. First Justin, Sophia and I got lunch and the restaurant had lychee bolba! Oh my ... my heart and tummy were so happy! Julian's owners then took us out to eat as a thank you for watching their dog. We went to BJs and of course I had to order a pizookie! A s'more pizookie ... it's a deep deep addiction. I ate 3/4 of the s'more before the hubby could even eat 1/4. Then our program had a crawfish boil get together. I am going to miss crawfish when I head up north.


I made this dish a while back for a potluck Justin hosted. My schedule was pretty hectic then so I wanted something that could be made in bulk but that was easy. And this was exactly that. Plus I love cold pasta salads.






TACO PASTA SALAD
Adapted from Chelsea's Messy Apron

INGREDIENTS

1 - 1 lb box of pasta
1 - 1/2 c. taco sauce*
1 packet of taco seasoning
2 tbsp. lemon juice 
1(15 oz) can of black beans
1 - 1 1/2 c. corn, drained or thawed
1 small container of cherry tomatoes, sliced
1 (7 oz) can of sliced black olives  

Garnish:
1 c. shredded cheese
1 small bag of shredded lettuce 
1/2 c. sour cream
1 avocado
Diced green onions 
Tortilla strips

*Can use enchilada sauce instead of taco sauce if desired.

DIRECTIONS

In a large pot of salted boiling water -- cook pasta according to package directions. Drain excess water and run cold water through pasta to prevent sticking. Return pasta to pot.

While pasta is cooking whisk together sauce, 2 tbsp. of taco seasoning (so no clumps form), and lemon juice. Stir in sauce mixture into cooked pasta.

Fold in black beans, corn, tomatoes and black olives until evenly distributed. Taste the pasta -- if it seems a bit bland and you want more of a kick (like me) -- whisk together an additional 1 tbsp of taco seasoning and 1/2 c. of taco sauce and add into pasta!

Serve in a bowl and garnish with some shredded cheese and lettuce, a dollop of sour cream, avocado chunks, diced green onions and tortilla strips.

Enjoy,

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink