.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


28 August 2012

Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms



Fall Semester has officially begun. And with that beginning- comes a very, very packed schedule. In addition to my normal responsibilities- I have began teaching. I am so very excited about this- I am teaching Psychology of Adolescence. Hopefully my class will be as passionate about this topic as I am or if not at least find it midly interesting ;) Well, all this has led to an extrmeley tired me.

However, now that I have a hubster to feed ;) coming home has proved a challenge to my energy level, but an interesting and fun challenge nonetheless. I have less time for baking since my attention is now diverted. This month I've done my very fist non-dessert-recipe (avocado mac and cheese) and it was well received. I have a strong desire to keep my blog constantly updated, so that I always having something new to share. But keeping my blog updated, can be a litte difficult, so I've decided to begin sharing more of my non-dessert recipes (or shall I call them trial-and-errors). Do not confuse this as a move away from my passion- I will always love baking desserts the most :) In addition, in my path to becoming a self-taught baker, I've added the goal of enhancing my culinary skills as I learn to cook for two. So for now For the Love of Dessert will be sharing some of its focus on non-desserts.




STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS
A For the Love of Dessert Original

INGREDIENTS

Preheat Oven to 350F Degrees

1 c. yellow rice
7 tbsp butter
5 thinly sliced chicken cutlets
1 tomato (diced)
1/2 onion diced
1 Tbsp garlic
5 portobello mushrooms
Oregano and Cilantro seasoning

DIRECTIONS

Cook the rice (I use a rice cooker). When the riced is cooked- add 2 tbsp of butter and mix in. Set aside. In one pan, add 1/2 inch of olive oil and cook chicken cutlets (make sure to get a nice golden brown crust on the outside). Once cooked, cut into strips. In a separate pan, sautee onions and garlic until slightly brown, then add tomato. Mix in yellow rice and chicken strips (keep a few chicken strips on the side for garnish).

To prepare the portobello mushrooms- first remove the stem by pulling in the opposite direction in which it's learning (it should snap right off). If needed, take a knife and cut it off at the base. Remove the gills by cradling the portobello in one hand with the gills facing up, then use a small spoon to scrape the gills off, moving in a circular path (the gills should come out very easily, and you do not need to use a lot of pressure). Then using a damp paper towel, wipe the cap of the mushroom to remove any residual dirt. Using a brush- coat the mushroom caps with olive oil. In the cup of the mushroom, place one tbsp. of butter.

Place one scoop of rice mixture (with onion, garlic, tomato and chicken mixed in) in each mushroom. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes. I garnished my stuffed portobello mushrooms with chicken strips, sundried tomatoes, and a dash or orgeano and cilantro seasoning. I suggest (even though I did not) some shredded cheese on top as well :)

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink