.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


20 December 2015

White Chocolate Chip Cranberry Pudding Cookies



The hubby and I have been dreading winter since we drove our little Penske truck up here. And now ... winter is here. Thankfully, I have to say that this winter has been pretty darn kind to us. Both the hubby and I have been told several times that the winter season has been unusually warm this year. Apparently by this time of year, there has already been a little snow and the temperature is close, if not already, freezing. Last week, we were in the 60s :) -- insert happy dance -- Though, the hubby and I are prepared. We went winter coat shopping, and the cutest corniest part ... we got matching jackets. Ok ... pause ... by no means did I mean to get matching jackets. Each of us wanted the warmest jacket we could find. And it happened to be the same jacket, from the same brand but tailored to each gender. Twinning!


I have really loved moving to Rhode Island, more than I even thought I could. I love the city vibe without the big city feel. I love our little home. I love where I work and the people I work with. I definitely am enjoying living in Rhode Island more than Texas. BUT, although it is not freezing, it is cold here. And it is these cold times, when I really miss Texas. Don't get me wrong, Texas holds a very special place in my heart since that is where I met, fell in love with and got engaged to the hubby. It's also where I got Ninja face! So, when my Texas friends tell me about the wonderful weather they are still experiencing, that oh so lovely 70 degrees in December ... I start thinking more about sweet ol' Tejas. And so for some Texas throw back, I share with you some photos the hubby and I took of our last few days at Texas A&M. Whoop! 


In keeping with Christmas ... and the sweet train ... because you know me and my sweet tooth. I wanted to share this cookie recipe I made for the hubby. I was scrolling through Pinterest, which now has "recommended for you" on the main feed, and I saw these cookies. I immediately thought of the hubby for a two reasons. 1. It is a recipe that doesn't have "chocolate" -- I am not a person who thinks white chocolate is "chocolate." The hubby always tells me, I keep making desserts with chocolate and should try something different. 2. The recipe included cranberries, which the hubby loves. I decided to go out of my "box" because I knew the hubby was going to love it. And he sure did. Surprisingly, I did too. This cookie was originally not a pudding cookie, but we also know my deep love for pudding cookies






WHITE CHOCOLATE CHIP CRANBERRY PUDDING COOKIES 
 Inspired by The Domestic Rebel

INGREDIENTS

Preheat over to 350F Degrees
Makes about 4 dozen cookies

2 1/2 c. all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 (3.4-3.56 oz) box of vanilla pudding
1 1/2 stick of butter, softened
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 c. brown sugar
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. honey
3/4 c. white chocolate chips (+ 1/4 c. for sprinkling on top)
3/4 c. dried cranberries (+ 1/4 c. for sprinkling on top)

DIRECTIONS

In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and vanilla pudding- set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with paddle attachment, cream together (on medium speed) butter and both sugars until fluffy (about 5 minutes). Then add eggs, one at time, vanilla and honey. Scrape down sides. Then reduce to low speed and add flour mixture (dry ingredients). Combine until just incorporated. Finally add white chocolate chips and dried cranberries.

Line baking sheet with baking mat, aluminum foil, parchment or wax paper. Scoop out 1 inch, large cookie dough balls onto sheet (roll between the palm of your hands for a nice round shape). Press a few extra chips and cranberries on to top of cookie dough balls. Pressing down slightly to flatten. Space the cookies 2 inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack. Store in air tight container.

Enjoy,


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink