.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


04 April 2013

Birthday Pupcakes





Happy Birthday to my baby! My Ninja face turned the big 0-3! Can you believe it? Another year older, and it flew right by! Well, being the Ninja obsessed mom that I am, I had planned a birthday party with my dog park friends. I thought I would make some pupcakes for the furry-babies and cupcakes for the humans ;) I also did not want Ninja to spend his birthday by himself, so I re-arranged my school schedule so that I was back around noon. It worked out perfectly, because I got to be home with Ninja and make some baked goods for his par-tay. Though I was 20 minutes late to our own party :/ I felt so bad! I mean who is late to their own party! #partyfail.





I was a bit bummed because it has been raining for a few days, and though it was not raining today, it was really, really cold! Where in the world did the warm weather suddenly go?! I mean it is April and this is Texas. I was worried that people would not come because it was so cold, muddy and dreary. I mean- I was even questioning whether to go ;) I am not a fan of the cold. I was happily surprised that when I got there- with about 60 cupcakes in hand (30 pupcakes and 30 red velvet)-- almost everyone who RSVPed actually came and then some :) How sweet was that! And they even waited to give their dogs pupcakes until I could take a picture :) #love #bestdogparkfriendsapersoncouldhopefor! Ninja and I totally love it!









You know who else came? Because I just have awesome friends like that? Justin and Luke. Ninja loves himiself- his Uncles Justin and Luke. He got so excited when he saw them there! And we celebrated with pupcakes and cupcakes :) Ninja tried to steal everyone's pupcake because he ate his too fast. And Beau and I were so popular holding extra pupcakes! But everyone seemed to have a nice time! Of course, Ninja cried when we left after 2 HOURS of play because Justin and Luke went in their own car. He got so upset! Luckily Justin did not have much work to do this evening and so he came to our place, to enjoy some dinner and open presents with Ninja! It was a great birthday :) Could not ask for a better birthday for my baby!














BIRTHDAY PUPCAKES
Adapted from Pizzazzerie

INGREDIENTS

Preheat Oven to 350F Degrees
                                          
makes 30 pupcakes 
FOR THE PUPCAKES
4 c. white-whole wheat flour 
4 tsp. baking soda 
1 (6oz) Chobani banana-strawberry yogurt
2 c. apple sauce 
6 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/2 c. honey 
4 eggs
4 apples, chopped 
1 carrot, grated 
1 c. shredded cheese 

FOR THE FROSTING
16 oz. (2 packages) cream cheese
3 tbsp. honey
1/2 c. peanut butter 
Small dog treats for garnish (optional)

makes 7-8 pupcakes
FOR THE PUPCAKES
1c. white-whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda 
3oz Chobani banana-strawberry yogurt 
1/2 c. apple sauce
2 tbsp. vegetable oil
1/8 c. honey 
1 egg
1 apple, chopped
1/2 carrot, grated
1/3 c. shredded cheese

FOR THE FROSTING
4 oz. cream cheese
1 tbsp. honey
1/8 c. peanut butter
Small dog treats for garnish (optional)

* I provided the recipes for 2 different amounts, since I figured not everyone would be throwing puppy parties at the dog park ;)

DIRECTIONS

For the Pupcakes:
Line cupcake pan with liners. In a large bowl whisk together flour and baking soda. Then add in wet ingredients--yogurt, apple sauce, vegetable oil, honey and eggs and mix until incorporated. Then fold in (rather than stir in) apples, cheese and carrots. Continue folding batter, until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Folding by hand rather than mixer- will prevent over-mixing and make pupcakes more fluffy. Using an ice cream scoop, fill each cupcake liner. Bake for 20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let pupcakes completely cool before frosting.

For the Frosting:
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together ingredients (cream cheese, honey, and peanut butter). Allow the ingredients to cream for 6-10 minutes. You will notice the frosting double in size. This will create a nice, stiffy yet fluffy frosting! Frost cupcakes using a decorative tip of choice and top with dog treat. Ninja and the other dogs LOVED it! :)

Hope your pup enjoys,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink