.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


04 March 2012

My First Cookie Bouquet



So I apologize from taking what seemed like a semi-vacation away from my blog. The truth is, once I came back from Mardi Gras with my sister (which btw...was such a fun experience)- I did do some backing. However, I was too lazy that week to transfer my baking to my blog :(

But, last week I attempted to make my first cookie bouquet. I clearly have a great ways to go, on mastering the cookie bouquet..I am no Cookie by Design for sure, but Im proud of myself for giving it a go. I made it for the secretary of our clinic, who just bought a house! I am so excited for her...the house it absolutely beautiful. And though I wanted to contribute with some elaborate house warming gift, I needed to find something wonderful to give, and within my graduate student means....so here it is:

The cookies

The bouquet

This was extremely simple to do. I found an adorable box at Wal-mart, in the $1 section, placed down some tissue paper, and then the green foam blocks and stuck in my cookies. For the "gift tag" I cut it out of an index card and decorated it!

NO FAIL SUGAR COOKIES

INGREDIENTS

Preheat oven to 350F degrees

COOKIES
6 cups flour
3 tsp. baking powder
2 cups butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract or desired flavoring
1 tsp. salt

ROYAL ICING
6 oz (3/4 cup) of warm water
5 Tablespoons meringue powder
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 kilogram (2.25 lbs.) powdered icing sugar

DIRECTIONS

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Mix dry ingredients and add a little at a time to butter mixture. Mix until flour is completely incorporated and the dough comes together. Chill for 1 to 2 hours. Roll to desired thickness and cut into desired shapes. Bake on ungreased baking sheet for 8 to 10 minutes or until just beginning to turn brown around the edges.

In mixer bowl, pour in the warm water and the meringue powder. Mix it with a whisk by hand until it is frothy and thickened...about 30 seconds. Add the cream of tartar and mix for 30 seconds More. Pour in all the icing sugar at once and place the bowl on the mixer- icing will get thick and creamy. Cover the bowl with a dampened paper towel to prevent crusting and drying. Tint with food colourings or thin the icing with small amounts of warm water to reach the desired consistency (basically for the outline of the cookie, I used a thicker consistency, but fo the filling of the cookies, I added more water to make a smoother consistency- but be careful to avoid making it too runny).

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink