.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


29 October 2013

Candy Corn, Creamy Chocolate Fudge



I am exhausted. Ever have one of those days, where you weren't gone all day, but in just a short time -- you just feel all the energy just left you? I am having one of those days. I am grateful for a wonderful, hubby, because I hinted that I was craving some sushi and so we had an impromptu date night :) A much needed date night. Sushi -- time with the hubby -- was a perfect way to relax after a tiring day. I just ordered a bunch of sushi just to enjoy little bites of everything I love (but hey, gotta love left overs). I ordered a New York Roll, a Louisiana Roll (I like states rolls apparently ;), as well as my classics, Spicy Tuna and Shrimp Tempura. Yum!



We went to one of my favorite places -- 40 Tempura (where I usually ask to go on my birthday) but this time, I was quite disappointed. I am definitely a customer who is willing to give a bad tip if the service was horrible and a large tip if I loved the service. I try to be patient and understanding, but something's just get to me. The waitress we got today, would not refill our water, when I asked for spicy mayo would give me a squirt -- like what the hey -- and when she offered to put my extra sushi to go (which I would have happily done myself)-- she just dumped all the sushi on top of one another and smushed it together -- so some of the sushi just fell apart! Ugh! Do NOT mess with my sushi ;) She was clearly messing with me on the wrong day -- so not only did I tip her not very well BUT I also left a note on my receipt about how I did not enjoy her service and how she disappointed me in a place I usually love to go! Bummer...


Let's end on a good note, shall we? And what better way to end then chocolate FUDGE! I LOVE fudge. One of my favorite recipes is my Soft Dark Chocolate M&M Fudge (deeee-licous). But that has been my only fudge recipe. And so I have been looking for another opportunity to make fudge ever since. And what better opportunity than my Spooktacular countdown! Plus, it was a great and easy to way to incorporate candy corn again. I always used to think fudge was hard to make. I mean something that awesome cannot be that easy, right? But it is one of the easiest things to make! Like E-A-S-Y! And always so yummy. I have been eating fudge ever since this morning!


 





CANDY CORN, CREAMY CHOCOLATE FUDGE
Adapted from All Recipes

INGREDIENTS

2/3 c. evaporated milk
1 1/2 c. sugar
pinch of salt
1/4 c. (1/2 stick) of butter 
1 (7 oz.) jar of marshmallow creme
3 c. chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2-1 c. of candy corn

DIRECTIONS

Line a 8x8 baking dish with aluminum foil. Grease aluminum foil with butter, shortening or cooking spray. This will help when removing fudge from baking dish, and easier, cleaner cutting into squares.

In a large saucepan over medium heat whisk together evaporated milk, sugar, salt and butter.  Once combined, add in marshmallow creme. Marshmallow creme will dissolve with continued stirring. Bring contents to a boil, all the while constantly stirring. Do not stop stirring as it will burn. Once boiling, cook for an additional 5 minutes.

Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips, one cup at a time, until completely melted and mixture is smooth. Then stir in vanilla. Pour into prepared baking dish. Let sit for about 5 minutes, to slightly harden. Sprinkle candy corn over the top of the fudge and gently push in candy corn to set. Refrigerate for approximately 2 hours or until firm.

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink