.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


01 February 2013

Oreo Pudding Cookies



It is Friday! I did not think I was going to make it! Today being another busy, long day. My morning was especially hectic, and although I am still at lab-- I have some down time and thought I would use this time to de-stress and blog :) I love how one de-stressor and passion (i.e., baking and cooking) turned into another passion (i.e., blogging). I guess that is the beauty of it all!

As I was scrolling through my blog I realized how long it had been since I had posted about a true dessert, not including muffins :( My poor "For the Love of Dessert" has moved a little too far away from dessert. But now that I have realized this, I am going to make an active effort to make sure I am posting dessert recipes frequently! I guess the hubby and I will just have to endure eating tons of sweet things--oh the rough life we have ;) Truth be told, it is is the hubby who will actually eat all my desserts, since I do not really eat what I bake.

I also realized that I have not had a "Puppy Love" post in awhile either, poor Ninja. I do actually feel super guilty. He is such a good boy. Although he stalks the kitchen waiting for something to drop- when I say "no" he listens. When I take pictures of the food-- although he can easily snatch up the food--he never does. Not even when I have to run to grab something.

So....what dessert shall I share to get back on track. Well- I decided to make another Oreo recipe. I bought a Costco size Oreo box- and so had lots of Oreo's left from my Cookies n' Cream Cupcakes. Which was great because I LOVE Oreos! Another thing I love: pudding cookies. My new found obsession from 2012. With such great success of using a snack that I love to make a pudding cookie (i.e., Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies)- I decided to try out a pudding cookie recipe that involved Oreos.

What was the outcome?! Amazing! Drool worthy! Just like the Chocolate Peanut Butter Pudding Cookies, I ate ALL of them, BY MYSELF. And I have no regrets! Definitely a favorite!






OREO PUDDING COOKIES
Slightly adapted from Chef In Training

INGREDIENTS

Preheat Oven to 350F Degrees

2 1/4 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 sticks of butter, softened
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
1 (4.2 oz) package of Oreo Cookies n' Cream pudding mix
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla 
14 Oreos, crushed*

* Do NOT use a food processor- you want the Oreos to be crumbly and not fine grained. You want to have the chunks as you bite into the cookie. I did this by placing the cookies in a freezer bag and crushing them by hand.

DIRECTIONS

In a medium bowl whisk together flour and baking soda- set aside. 

In the bowl of a standmixer fitted with paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugars on medium speed until fluffy- about 5 minutes. Then add in pudding mix, and combine on low speed. Once incorporated add in eggs one at a time and then vanilla. Scrape down sides of bowl and mix back into batter. 

Slowly add in dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated- do not over stir. Again, scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix. Finally stir in crushed Oreos. Scoop 1" cookie dough balls onto baking sheet-- I used a cookie scoop but you can also do this by hand. Bake 8-10 minutes.

Store in air tight container-- these cookies stay moist for awhile :) By awhile I mean the few days it took me to eat them all :)

Enjoy,
Chika

No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink