.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


16 February 2013

Cheese Muffins



Last night the hubby and I finally got around to the sweet dessert surprise that he planned for me for Valentine's Day but which I was too full to enjoy: chocolate dipped strawberry fondue fun. A blast from the past: for our six month anniversary (I know dorky), the hubby surprised me with a date to the Melting Pot. I absolutely loved it! Ever since, I have loved fondue. Well, I really liked the appetizer and the dessert. I am not so much of a fan of the main course--I just do not like having to cook my own food--and when it comes to cooking raw food I get overly cautious.


For this Valentine's Day I was mentioning how I really love chocolate covered strawberries. I think since they are "fruit"--it does not make you feel so guilty about indulging in them. Plus, they taste absolutely fantastic. Well- after having dinner the hubby surprised me with having bought a chocolate dipping pot, chocolate to melt and strawberries so not only could I enjoy some fondue fun but I could also have some chocolate covered strawberries. It was so sweet! But I got so full after eating the cake balls, that we decided to wait till the next night to enjoy it-- a Valentine's Day part two kinda thing. It was super fun!

For the past week, the hubby has been enjoying these Cheese Muffins based on a recipe that I found on Pinterest. The texture of the muffin turned out to be awesome- it was a hybrid between a muffin and a biscuit. And the cheesiness of the muffins just melted in your mouth and kept the muffins extremely moist. The hubby and I really enjoyed it! Plus, it is so savory that I bet you could enjoy this as a side for dinner and not only for breakfast. I cannot lie, I may have enjoyed these muffins for lunch!







CHEESE MUFFINS
Adapted from Pioneer Women

INGREDIENTS

Preheat Oven to 375F Degrees

1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
3 c. shredded cheese (Mexican Blend)
1 c. milk
1 egg
1/4 c. melted butter (1/2 stick)

DIRECTIONS

Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Then add in shredded cheese and mix together. In a separate bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together milk, egg and butter. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir with a spatula to combine well.

Spoon out into greased or lined muffin pan (evenly distribute the batter between the 6 muffin wells). Bake for 20-25 minutes.

Makes 6 jumbo muffins.

Enjoy,
Chika


No comments :

Post a Comment

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink