.widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { min-width: 80px!important; min-height: 80px!important; max-width: 80px; border-radius: 40px; } .widget.Profile .widget-content>a img.profile-img { float: center; } .widget.Profile { text-align: center; float: center; margin: auto; }


02 November 2013

Pizza-tinis



Can you believe that is already November?!? That daylight savings time is tomorrow AND stores are putting out there Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff (because Thanksgiving is only 26 days away). Whoa, right? Well, I for one am excited. Thanksgiving lets me know that my semester is almost over and in just 3 weeks my sister, brother-in-law and cousin will be here!  I am really excited. I also just found out today that my brother and his family might come as well ::keeping my fingers crossed::. The hubby and I's apartment might be very cramped for a bit -- but when it's full of family -- it's well worth it. I love my siblings! And I think one of the worst parts of growing up is not seeing them everyday. You just get so used to being with your siblings everyday, and having fun, that when its gone -- it's like an empty space in your life....so I can't wait to be reunited.

I had a lot of fun yesterday. I woke up early to be one of those day after Halloween candy hoarder, creepers...that's right...I said it ;) Hahahah...but in a good way, because obviously I was one yesterday! But I went to three different stores to take advantage of their sales. I picked up decorations for next year, costumes for Ninja (he looked absolutely adorable in them), some dog toys, and A LOT of candy. Usually Halloween candy is not marked down as much as everything else, but the grocery store I went to had someone call in sick and was swamped switching out their Halloween stuff and so they made everything 50% off :) Win! I now have a large cupboard full of different candy bars. I plan to do a series special of candy bar desserts while my family is visiting. Candy bar desserts are always fun; I'm excited.

My blog is also now on a sweet tooth withdrawal after my Spooktacular countdown. Ironic, right, for a blog named For the Love of Dessert ;) But I am aware that my savory posts are some of my more popular posts. So to get back into the swing of things, I have a fun, easy and savory meal to make. I love, love, love kid friendly meals. I saw this commercial for Pillsbury biscuits -- in which they made pizza. It looked delicious and it just struck me as an incrediblely fun meal to make that any kid would like. I decided to make it extra "fun" by adding hot dogs, because we all know my love of hot dogs. But I added some adult favorites like poblano peppers and crushed red peppers (which you can easily leave off). They are ready in a pinch and the hubby and I both, scarfed them down. If you have kids, I am sure they will have so much fun "building" their own pizza.







PIZZA-TINIS 
Adapted from Pillsbury

INGREDIENTS

Preheat Oven to 350F Degrees

1 (10.6 oz) can of Pillsbury Grand refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits per can)
1 c. pizza sauce
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
5 hot dogs, sliced (or 3.5 oz. sliced pepperoni)*
1/2-1 c. poblano peppers*
Crushed red peppers for garnish*

* Substitute for your own topping favorites: ham, chicken, onions, mushrooms, extra cheese, etc.

DIRECTIONS 

Line baking sheet with either a baking mat, aluminum foil or parchment paper. Lightly grease with cooking spray. On a floured surface roll each biscuit into a 6 inch round circle.  Spread 2 tbsp. of pizza sauce over each biscuit and top with desired toppings. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese (~4 tbsp.).

For my pizzas: Spread pizza sauce over each biscuit and top with sliced hot dogs (~6-8 slices) and 1 tbp. of poblano peppers. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over toppings. Garnish with crushed red peppers.

Place on greased baking sheet and bake 10-15 minutes until biscuit is a light golden brown and cheese is bubbly.

Enjoy,
Chika

2 comments :

  1. Awesome!!! I still want to make the Mummies though lol! AND, YES, I'm Anonymous!!! However, YOU know who I AM lol! Code word Chase lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahah! HI! Oh, I know who you are ;) And I didn't even need the coword. Even if you make these and the halloweenie mummies -- it'll take you like 30 minutes. That easy and i bet Chase would love both :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog design by Bella Lulu Ink